The Russound MCA-66 Digital multi-zone controller amplifier provides up to six zones of distributed audio. Scalable to 36 zones, the MCA-66 provides numerous options to tailor every room in residential or light commercial distributed audio systems. A variety of input options have been engineered into the MCA-66 to connect up to 6 sources. AV source input options include 6 Analog, 3 Digital (up to 3 coax, or 2 coax and 1 optical), 1 paging and 1 Bluetooth extender connection. The Bluetooth connection allows the installation of the MCA-66 in an equipment rack while remotely locating the optional Russound BTC-1X Bluetooth receiver up to 300’ away in or near the room where the Bluetooth source will be located. Additionally, the BTC-1X improves audio quality through the high performance aptX audio codec. An RNET link allows for metadata transmission, linking multiple MCA controllers and connection to all Russound RNET Smart Sources like the ST1 AM/FM external tuner.
All MCA products are Ethernet enabled devices allowing for IP based features and control. RIO (Russound I/O) allows Russound IP based control systems to integrate with, control, and communicate bi-directionally through an open protocol. In addition to dedicated keypads and touchscreen control options, the free My Russound App (iOS and Android) controls all Russound Ethernet connected products on the LAN including the MCA-66 and its source components.
The MCA-66 features 6 zones of high quality amplification, providing 20 watts of power per channel. Zones 1 and 2 are equipped with fixed or variable line-level outputs for outboard amplification, wireless expansion or subzone use. Additionally, an RS-232 port for integration with serial-connected home automation systems is available for utilization on the rear panel of the MCA-66.
Custom audio settings, party modes, do not disturb, source and zone linking, and all-on/all-off participation are standard features. The MCA-66 has alarm and sleep timers, a Home Theater trigger and one 12VDC trigger output for power management and control. Source six can serve as a paging input for connection to a 3rd party paging or phone system.
With Russound keypads or touchscreens, the MCA-66 communicates vital information such as preset names, station ID, artist, song titles and album art depending on the capabilities of the source being used. The simpler SLK-1 keypad can also be used for areas where basic control is sufficient such as entry/exit areas of a home or business or any area where the My Russound App might be the predominant control interface.
Note: The MCA-66 is part of the Russound Certified Installer Required Program and can only be installed and configured by a Russound Certified Installer.
• 6 Amplified Zones @20W/ch
• Fixed/Variable Line Out for Zones 1 and 2
• Up to 6 Line-Level Stereo Inputs, 3 Digital Coaxial and 1 Optical
• RS232 and IP Controllable
• Voice Control is available using Amazon Alexa
• 6 Routed IR Outputs, plus 1 Global IR Output
• Home Theater 12v Trigger In/Out for Shared Sources
• Global 12v Trigger Output
• Removable Screwless Speaker Connectors
• Expandable to up to 36 Zones
• Supports Bluetooth® with Optional BTC-1X
• Paging System Support with Dedicated 12v Trigger Input
• Supports KNX® with Optional KNX-RIO-1
• Rackmountable with Rack Mount Ears Included
• Two-Year Limited Warranty
• Shipping Dimensions: 20.8" (W) x 10.0" (H) x 16.9" (D), (52.7 x 25.4 x 42.9 cm)
• Shipping Weight: 25.8 lbs (11.7 kg)
• Audio Output(s): 6 Speaker Level 20W/ch (2 Line Level, fixed or variable selectable)
• Audio Source Inputs: 6 stereo RCA Line-Level, 3 coax, 1 optical (maximum of 6 total inputs)
• Communication Ports:
USB (firmware update only)
1 Serial RS-232, 19.2 kHz baud rate
1 Ethernet RJ-45, 10/100 Base T
2 RJ-45 RNET Links In/Out
• Frequency Response: 20Hz-20kHz +/- 1 dB at 1W output into 8 ohms
• Fuse Rating:
100-120V/T3.15A 250V US and Canada (MCA-66)
220-240V/T1.25A 250V International (MCA-66i)
• Home Theater Trigger Input: In/Out, 12VDC (pass-through)
• IR Outputs: 6 routed, 1 common
• Keypad Ports: 6 detachable 4 pole connectors
• Paging Trigger: In, 12VDC
• Power Output: 20W RMS into 8 ohms
• Power Supply:
100-120 VAC, 60Hz (MCA-66)
220-240 VAC, 50Hz (MCA-66i)
• Signal to Noise Ratio: 93 dB unweighted, 96 dB A-weighted
• Speaker Connection(s): 6 detachable 4 pole connectors