Perfect adaptation to room and taste: the back-firing Ambience tweeter may be adjusted to your personal preferences, requirements and the listening room acoustics or turned off completely. It helps to render the imaginary stage wider and deeper, as can normally be achieved only with omnidirectional or dipole speakers, yet in the Burmester Ambience Loudspeakers it is at the same time also variable.
The Burmester Ambience BA 31 loudspeaker has derived from its larger BA 71 sibling which has already given proof of its formidable musicality, ultimate precision and virtually unlimited power reserves. The rather compact-sized model in the Burmester Ambience speaker series benefits from the development of the large model and its technological innovations.
The BA 31 loudspeaker is designed as a 2 ½-way system which means that the low-mid driver supports the woofer in an ideal way, thereby producing a solid bass. The midrange driver contributes to an outstanding speech intelligibility and the fine resolution of details in the presence range.
The employed AMT tweeter has been specially designed for its application and, owing to its ultralight diaphragm and the super strong neodymium drive, sets a new benchmark for high-frequency resolution, neutrality, power handling and dynamics.
For the lovers of omnidirectional loudspeakers we have fitted the rear side of the cabinet with a second identical AMT to optimise the omnidirectional behaviour and incorporate the listening room to a greater extent into the sonic experience. It gives the imaginary stage a greater expanse and depth as can only be achieved otherwise with omnidirectional or dipole loudspeakers, but which is also variable at the same time only in the BA loudspeaker models.
The Ambience tweeter is continuously adjustable to your personal requirements or taste and to the acoustical situation in the listening room, yet it can also be turned off completely. The cabinet front is made of solid, acoustically decoupled aluminium in a silver, medium bronze or black hue. The body with its elaborately braced interior construction comes with a high-gloss lacquer finish as standard and is optionally available in macassar, light or dark walnut real wood veneer, alternatively also in white or black high-gloss lacquer.
The front panels and enclosure finishes of different colours may even be combined individually with each other. Other versions are, of course, also available on request at an extra charge.
- Bass reflex design for a powerful, clean low bass range
- Air Motion Transformer (AMT) with ultra-light diaphragm, super strong neodymium drive, utmost dedication to detail, sonic neutrality and level stability
- Identical ambience tweeter on the rear of the enclosure with level control for individually adjusting the spaciousness of the sound image
- High-quality connection terminal, suitable for massive cable lugs as well as e.g. low-mass hollow banana plugs
- Optional bi-wiring and bi-amping operation to use e.g. Different power amps for the low and the high/mid range
- The enclosures with acoustically decoupled aluminium front panels and braced MDF walls add to the low-resonance reproduction of the fundamental range
- The veneer and lacquer finishes in five different versions may be combined with aluminum front panels in three different colours
|Structural principle||2 ½ way, bass reflex|
|Nominal power handling||200 W|
|Sensitivity at 2.83V/1m||87 dB|
|Nominal impedance||4 Ω|
|Frequency range (± 3dB)||38-45.000 Hz|
|Tweeter||2 x Air Motion Transformer|
|Midrange driver||170 mm fibreglass paper cone|
|Nominal impedance||4 Ω|
|Low-midrange driver||400 Hz/ 3000 Hz|
|Crossover frequencies||Air Motion Transformer|
|Weight per piece||40.5 kg (89.4 lbs.)|
|Dimensions (W x H x D)||253 x 1.050 x 375 mm|