10A Power Conditioner and Sequencer, 220V-240V Export
The most widely recognized and trusted name in AC power conditioning is proud to introduce the PS-8RE III power conditioner / sequencer, featuring Furman’s revolutionary SMP technology, LiFT, EVS and a high current TVZ-MOV.
Furman’s Series Multi-Stage Protection (SMP) circuit also features our exclusive Linear Filter Technology (LiFT) with Extreme Voltage Shutdown (EVS) and a high current TVZ-MOV. Together, these technologies comprise what is, without question, the world’s most advanced and comprehensive transient voltage surge suppressor
SMP (Series Multi-Stage Protection Plus)
SMP surge suppression virtually eliminates service calls. Traditional surge suppression circuits sacrifice themselves when exposed to multiple transient voltage spikes, requiring the dismantling of your system, and repair of your surge suppressor. Not so with SMP. With Furman’s SMP, damaging transient voltages are safely absorbed, clamped and dissipated – no sacrificed parts, no service calls, no down time.
Unique to Furman’s SMP is its unparalleled clamping voltage, even when tested beyond the grueling specifications of – USA/CIDA’s A-1-1 test. While other designs offer clamping voltages that are well above 300VAC peak (far beyond long accepted professional standards), Furman’s SMP clamps at 376VAC peak, 266 VAC RMS even when tested with multiple 6000VAC – 3000 Amp surges! This unprecedented level of protection is only available with Furman’s SMP technology.
LiFT (Linear Filtering Technology)
Unfortunately, traditional AC filter/conditioners have been designed for unrealistic laboratory conditions. Prior technologies could actually harm audio and video performance more than they help, due to the resonant peaking of their antiquated, non-linear designs. Under certain conditions, these designs can actually add more than 10 dB of noise to the incoming AC line! Worse still, lost digital data, the need to reboot digital presets, or destroyed digital converters are frequently caused by excessive voltage spikes and AC noise contaminating the equipment ground. Furman’s SMP with LiFT takes another approach, ensuring optimal performance through linear filtering and no leakage to ground.
E.V.S. (Extreme Voltage Shutdown)
Furman’s trusted overvoltage circuitry protects against all too frequent accidental connections to high voltages by shutting off the incoming power until the overvoltage condition is corrected.
Rear Panel BNC Connector
For rear panel illumination, a BNC connector is provided for connection of any standard gooseneck lamp, such as the Furman GN-LED or GN-I (sold separately).
The PS-8RE III Power Conditioner/Sequencers is capable of powering up a rack full of equipment in a 3-step delayed sequence. The sequence is reversed for power-down. The sequence can be initiated with either momentary or maintained switches, locally or remotely. A duplex outlet is provided for each delay step. One or more Furman PS-8R E II’s may be installed in remote locations and operated via low-voltage wiring.
New in PS-8RE III
- All settings and configuration available on rear panel
- External delay and remote interface configuration; no need to remove the top cover to adjust potentiometers or jumpers
- Lower profile depth; shorter depth chassis provides more flexibility with rack placement and cable management
- Improved “Start On/Off Sequence” rocker switch; tactile black switch replaces push-button
- Non-illuminated power on/off switch; matte black switch for discreet aesthetics
- Series Multi-Stage Protection (SMP) for virtually maintenance free protection from surges and spikes – no sacrificed parts, no service calls, and no downtime
- Furman’s unequaled Linear Filtering Technology (LiFT) rids systems of AC line noise for consistent audio/video clarity
- Automatic Extreme Voltage Shutdown (E.V.S.) powers down equipment during a prolonged extreme over-voltage
- Six sequenced rear panel outlets (in 3 groups), two switched rear panel outlets, and one front panel switched outlet
- Momentary and Maintained sequencing via rear panel terminal block or front panel switch
- 10 amp rating
- Maximum AC Current Rating: 10 Amps, 220 – 240 VAC @ 50 – 60Hz (Thermal breaker)
- AC Cord: 1 mm 2 x 3, 2.5 m length, IEC-C13 (Female) toÂ CEE-7/7 Schuko plug.
- AC Inlet: IEC-C14 (Male) with metal wire retainer clip
- AC Outlets: Convenience Outlet (Front Panel) 1 Switched IEC C-13
- Rear Panel Outlets: 2 Switched IEC C-13 (1 duplex),
- 6 Sequenced IEC C-13 (3 duplexes each controlled by separate relay)
- AC Surge Protection: Spike Protection Mode: Line to neutral, zero ground leakage
- Spike Clamping Voltage: 376VAC peak @ 6,000 Volts/3,000 Amps
- Response Time: 1 nanosecond
- Maximum Surge Current: 6,500 Amps
- AC Over-voltage Protection: EVS, 275VAC+/-5VAC
- AC Over-voltage Reset Modes: Auto
- Series Multi-Stage Protection
- AC Filtering: LiFT
- Noise Attenuation: 10dB @10KHz, 40dB@100KHz,Â 50dB@500KH