The MBX-PRE Streaming Audio Player is designed to offer a simple-to-install and simple-to-configure streaming media solution to add high quality streaming audio content to any audio system. The MBX-PRE can be used as a single stereo audio streaming source for a single room, or supply a single audio stream to a larger whole-house system through its easy-to-use analog line-level/digital (coax/optical) outputs.
The MBX-PRE allows for expansion to up to 32 streaming rooms of audio in a single installation with any combination of other MBX-Series® streaming products from Russound. When paired with a Russound multi-room controller, system expansion is possible up to 8 independent audio sources and up to 48 total rooms of audio.
In addition to offering streaming audio from popular internet sources, the MBX-PRE also offers streaming of local UPnP™ compliant audio.
In addition, a built-in USB port allows users to connect an external flash drive or an externally powered USB hard drive for use as additional music sources.
• Independent streaming audio player
• Built-in AirPlay streaming with full metadata to iOS/Android apps or XTSPlus touchscreens
• Built-in Chromecast for Audio support with full metadata to iOS/Android apps or XTSPlus touchscreens
• Bluetooth Audio
• Hi-Res audio streaming support up to 24-bit/192 kHz
• USB for Flash or external USB Hard drive-based music collections
• Digital (PCM) and Analog Stereo Inputs
• Digital or analog output
• Can be integrated (as a source) with a Russound MCA-66 or MCA-88 controller or standalone (as a zone) when used with any brand of amplifier or receiver
• Controllable with the MyRussound App and fully compatible with the Russound XTSPlus in-wall touchscreen
• Bass, Treble, and Loudness settings available through the MyRussound App
• Supports local favorites
• Onboard browser-based configuration, accessible from a smartphone or tablet
• Mix and match with other MBX-Series® components for versatile system designs
• Frequency Response: 20Hz to 20KHz
• Audio Outputs: Analog – Stereo Audio RCA, Digital Optical
• Line Audio Output: 2V rms
• Audio Inputs: 3.5mm Analog Stereo Audio, Digital Optical, USB2.0 Media Playback
• Communication Ports: Ethernet RJ45 10/100 BaseT
• Wi-Fi: 802.11ac, dual band
• Bluetooth Audio Support: Yes
• Trigger Output: 12vDC @100mA
• Music File Formats: MP3 (CBR, VBR), WAV (8, 16-bit), OGG Vorbis, FLAC (8, 16-bit). AAC, AAC+ (supports up to 24-bit/192kHz)
• Power Requirements: 12VDC, 1.25A
• Product Dimensions: 8.25”W x 7”D x 1.75”H (21cm W x 17.8cm D x 4.5cm H)